Friday, December 28, 2007

Why I Suck

I'm a bad employee. I mean, I'm smart and clever and good with people, I could do my job so much better, but as it is I'm lazy and only put in what I would categorize as a mediocre effort. This effort, however, is enough that I keep my job and even get the occasional stroke from my boss, because in the field I'm in, there a lot of really, really sucky employees. People with bad attitudes and deceptive practices, who are rude, often ignorant, and uncooperative. No, I'm not in the legal field. But since I'm generally able and willing, and smile a lot, I skate by. Someday I'll probably not respond appropriately to a situation, and I'll get fired, but I'm not too worried about it, because I don't particularly like my job, but I'm too much of a coward to quit.

I'm not a good wife. Before he was disabled, my husband did a lot in the relationship. He cooked (he trained as a chef), cleaned, and made sure the bills got paid on time. I did some, particularly laundry and vacuuming, but he definitely did more. He wasn't exactly good with tools and things mechanical, but he could read a manual and, more often than not, figure it out. As his health declined and he became less able, I reacted badly. I was resentful because I had to take on more and more. I quit jobs because, he wasn't working, so why should I? I paid bills late, let chores pile up and generally tried to squirm out of responsibilities I felt were being forced on me. I was juvenile and defiant, for no good reason. Eventually, I got over it, but not before doing damage to my husband and our relationship.

I'm stubborn, contrary, and passive-aggressive to an extreme. I'm not just a rock in the stream, I'm the dam the stream has to flow over. If I don't want to do something, I won't, but I won't tell you that I won't do it, I'll just avoid and misdirect until you do it yourself or find someone else. And if I want to do something, I'll ask and ask and keep on asking until you say something that can be interpreted as yes, or I'll just go and do it and take the shit for it later. I get very determined to get my way, and it sometimes turns out badly.

I often react to cricitism poorly, I belch in a very manly style, and I don't shave my legs regularly. On the positive side, I floss religiously and have a nice set of tits.

No comments: