The Pros and Cons of Leaving SoCal and Moving to Colorado:
- Living in perpetual summer gets pretty boring.
- This job has been getting to me really badly lately,
- BUT, it pays well for what I do.
- If I quit, there are about 250 things I no longer have to worry about.
- If I quit, there are several major things I have to worry about right away. (Like finding a new job.)
- Which might be difficult in this economy.
- Closer to NSA's family (both a pro and a con.)
- Weather/smog conditions better for both of our health in Colorado, but particularly NSA.
- Fewer people.
- Colorado is now a blue state.
- Easier access to green spaces and hiking/biking trails.
- Cost of living is less.
- Would need a car, which would probably mean
- giving up the scooter.
- Moving is expensive, time-consuming and stressful.
- Winter is not the ideal time to move to Colorado.
I'm torn, but I think that a Spring move to Colorado is probably the best idea, if I can stick it out at this job for another four or five months. So, what do you think? I would really appreciate outside perspectives, particularly from those of you who have lived/are currently living in Colorado. Please share.