Friday, February 19, 2010

A Few Things I've Recently Learned About Myself

I know, I know, it's always me,me,me, but it is my blog, and recipes, cute baby pics and directions on how to knit your cat a sweater can be found elsewhere. So.

  • Most of the time, I feel like a wide-eyed innocent. Except when I feel like a cynical bitch.
  • New music gives me a tremendous boost. Lately, it's been young female singer-songwriters, namely Regina Spektor, Feist, and Yael Naim. NSA likes to listen to ALOT of the same old shit, which gets b-o-r-i-n-g.
  • I enjoy splitting wood. No, that's not some clever sexual innuendo, I've found I like hefting an axe over my head and slamming the blade into a solid piece of spruce. Very cathartic, and empowering, and other words that get waaaay overused.
  • While NSA finds having three bodies buried close by somewhat disturbing, I feel comforted having most of my family members right there.

That's about it for now. I do plan on posting on a more regular basis, but the best laid plans, as they say.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I would love to see pictures. Please?

Susan said...

hey j lots lots of love and happiness from les Gang at 29 Black Street xo Susan