So, yeah, I think I stole this idea from Miss P., who I'm sure copied it from someone else. Like Shakespeare said, "There is nothing new under the sun." (And how many years ago was that?)
Five Overrated Things:
- Jessica Simpson- I personally think she sold her soul to the devil. How else can someone that untalented remain so successful?
- Flip-flops- But mostly the people who wear them constantly. Unless you live in Southeast Asia.
- Christmas- Seriously, it's fucking crazy how much time and trouble people put in to this holiday. And I prefer personal holidays anyway.
- Award shows- Thank God for DVR, because I'd never be able to get through the dreck otherwise. And seeing them live is even worse.
- Non-GMO foods- I'll probably catch some shit for this one, but really, people have been genetically modifying stuff since the beginning of agriculture. Crops that freeze at lower temperatures, need less water and resist bugs without pesticides are good things.
Five Underrated Things:
- Jennifer Jason Leigh- Wicked smart and super talented. Not conventionally beautiful, and so, underappreciated.
- Black beans- Yummy, high in fiber, and go with just about anything.
- Good tires- I get terrified every time it rains because so many assholes in Southern California are driving around on bald tires and don't remember what "braking distance" is.
- The U.S. Postal Service- If you've tried mailing anything from many foreign countries, you understand.
- Silk Soy Nog- Seriously goooood shit with almost none of the bad crap that's in regular egg nog.