Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hmmm...

So I post about how I need more community in my life, and this postcard shows up in my mailbox. There's no artist credit, and it's for a local church that I'm not at all interested in attending, but I like the image. It looks constructed from three or four different sources, with some cool effects added. Whoever did it has a decent amount of talent and flair, maybe they put it together as a form of tithing. I think the choice of the fence is interesting, a bit exclusive or exclusionary, maybe not exactly what they're trying to convey.
I do think the universe sends messages, I don't know, maybe I should attend some Sunday, or maybe it's just a general kind of attraction thing, I'm thinking about community, so are many other people, and the thought is out there in the ether, waiting to drop in to my mailbox.

3 comments:

Sass said...

I like the picture, but find it interesting that it's from a church. I agree that the fence conveys something that I don't know was intended. it actually makes it seem...cold, for lack of a better word.


Anyway...thanks again for providing food for thought. ;)

Susan said...

that's way cool ...
and the Universe sure does send lots of messages the secret is to catch them.

Lots of love from the frozen North.

xo, Susan, Missy D, Nessy-ness, Oliver
& the L'il Man

rachael chatoor said...

Wow, cool I love stuff like that. Excellent that you are open the messages and paths that you come across!