Thursday, January 29, 2009

Celebrity Encounters I

  • Nicky Katt- Staying at the Avalon in Beverly Hills with his dog. He was fine until he tried to bring the dog into the restaurant. When the manager politely told him that only service animals were allowed on the premises, Nicky got all, "Don't you know who I am???" at which point the manager said, "I don't care who you are, you can't bring your dog in here." Which is what happens when C-list actors with overgrown egos try and (unsuccessfully) cop celebrity 'tude.
  • Ron Perlman- Used to work out at the same gym as him. He always wiped down his equipment, and he is built. Worked up to a smile and a friendly "hello," but always felt fluttery because before he was Hellboy, he was Vincent, the lion/human hybrid with that voice, from Beauty and the Beast. The stuff of my teenage romantic fantasies. Maybe it would be gratifying for him to know that he weakens the knees of at least one thirtysomething woman, and not all of his fans are comic book geeks.
  • Alecia Silverstone- Looking rather strung-out one Sunday morning at the Hollywood Farmer's Market. Which is a great place for celebrity-spotting, btw. Also seen there:
  • Sandra Oh- Head down and walking very fast, possibly escaping.
  • Mena Suvari- Stunning in a gorgeous red dress, with her surprisingly short, but very cute, husband. Appeared very gracious while posing for pictures and signing autographs.
  • John Salley- of the L.A. Lakers, head and shoulders above the crowd, but still smiling while surrounded by people. I wouldn't have recognized him except for his very funny appearance on Martin Short's Jiminy Glick.

Hmmm, maybe I should have saved this for abdpbt's "Listlessness Mondays." Oh well, there's always more to tell.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I left a comment several post ago. xo S.

Lisa said...

I doubt if I would recognize most celebrities. I did see Ted Danson once in KC.

Lisa said...

You've been tagged. Visit my blog for details.

zipbagofbones said...

That's a lot of sightings! I met Tracy Morgan in Brea last March - wait, no it was a year ago July. I met Topanga from Boy Meets World (the chick that does the body image marches on the Tyra Banks show?). That's it. I saw The Fonz at LAX once. Oh, and saw Angela Basset give her speech when she got her star on the Hollywood walk last March. Your sightings are better!