Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another One of Those Days

Just one of those days when I chew my tongue in frustration. Frustration that bleeds into anger and an inability to sit at my desk for more than ten minutes without feeling the need to get up and move around I'm so wired and irritable. All of this tension is not a healthy thing, I can feel the muscles in my neck tighten, my shoulders knot. It's very hard to get anything done on days like this, and there's always so much to be done. Every little decision becomes a huge event. It's sunny and gorgeous out, and I wish I could just sit in the grass somewhere and read, escape for the afternoon. Instead, I'm dealing with the same shit for the four hundred and seventeenth time. Nothing is ever resolved, just delayed. And it goes 'round and 'round and 'round like some hellish carousel. I repeat to myself, "tomorrow is Friday, tomorrow is Friday," a mantra to preserve my sanity.

No comments: