- NSA and I don't eat pork. This isn't for any religious reason, but just because pigs are pretty smart. I wouldn't eat a dog, monkey or dolphin (unless I had to), so pork is out. This excludes pretty much every breakfast meat (ham, sausage, bacon, I really miss bacon!!), but I'm glad that turkey and beef breakfast meats are becoming more popular. I also miss pepperoni pizza and pork chops with applesauce.
- I had Lasik surgery to correct my nearsightedness about seven years ago, and now my eyes are getting bad again. What the fuck!?! I don't know if it's an age thing or if it's just bad surgery, but it's pissing me off.
- I'm not phobic about much of anything. I like snakes, heights, and rollercoasters. I don't mind spiders, deep water doesn't scare me, and the sight of blood doesn't turn my stomach. This bugs NSA because he'll be scared about how close I am to a cliff's edge, while I'm unaware I'm making him afraid. Maybe I just don't have much of a sense of my own mortality.
- I hate it when people talk about the "good old days," especially if they mean it in a general sense. Almost everyone, politicians particularly, seems to have on rose-colored glasses when thinking about the past. The 1950's (segregation, repression, limited reproductive rights) weren't that great, and going further back is worse (cholera, institutionalized slavery, child labor, religious persecution). "Now" might not seem so great, but I'll take modern medicine, refrigeration, telecommunications, air travel and cable T.V. over bleeding, rotten meat, the Pony Express, camel train and the Coliseum ANY DAY.
- I love short stories, especially sci-fi/fantasy. Two of my favorites are Murphy's Rachel in Love (which makes me tear up every time) and Bradbury's The Blue Bottle (which I'm having trouble finding a link for).
- I 'm recognizable in the background of Pursuit of Happiness and Auto Focus. I was also a panelist on Politically Incorrect when it was on the air.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Other Stuff About Me, Me, Me
Random thoughts for a quasi-busy day.